As you already know, I’m looking to move to Germany very soon. It’s been almost ten years since I last was a ‘student resident’ there, and no doubt things will be very different for me this second time around.
For one, now:
- I’m much more hard working 👑📃 Seriously, give me a to-do list, and I will do it right away. When I was a student last time, sure I thought I was hard working, and I got good grades and all, but I was also quite the procrastinator (as everyone is when they’re young, I assume). Because I’ve been working full time for so long, I’ve built up some legit stamina in staying focused and, well, not napping haha. This should only help me out!
- I already have friends in the city. 👑👩🏼🤝👩🏼 Again, last time around, when I moved to Germany at the ripe age of 18, I didn’t know anyone. I spent a lot of energy creating some great friendships, that have stood the test of time. This time around, I can’t wait to meet them! It will be a much smoother experience.
As I prepare for my academic adventure, I thought a bit about the things I most look forward to. And as any type-A person would do, I thought I’d make a list of these five very irrelevant things that have me very excited. Again, you could say none of these things are anything special. But for some reason, these are the things I think of all the time:
- Structured note taking. 📓 I’m looking forward to take some jaw-dropping notes for all my classes. Heck, I’m even contemplating posting some more economics-related content on the blog, as I re-enter academia. Maybe even ‘how to take notes’ or ‘how to study’ content. Who knows!
- Grocery shopping. 🍓 You’ve read my what-I-spend-in-a-week post. I do most of my grocery shopping and meal planning with my family. I’m genuinely excited to have the chance to plan (& budget!) for my weekly meals on my own. I’m thinking, it’ll include all the YouTuber staples in my weekly grocery shopping, like berries, avocados and [insert newest food trend here]. Maybe even some recipes for the blog!
- Scheduling.📅 I love scheduling! I’m looking forward to scheduling all my classes, meals, social activities and study time. Perhaps, I’ll even make time for a part time job or something. In the past, I loved getting a yearly agenda and just jotting down all my thoughts there. This year I might just migrate full digital and use Notion. I know, counterintuitive to my blog’s goal of unplugging.
- Sitting in parks.🌳 I don’t do that too much in Kosovo, mostly because there’s not too many nice parks, and the few ones that are close are usually filled with cat-calling creepos. I hope that won’t be the case in Germany, but I have a feeling it’ll be a much more serene setting than the one I’m used to.
- Ordering online.🛍 Did I tell you Kosovo is Narnia? Nobody delivers here, except for Asos, and – to quote myself – that costs an arm and a leg in import taxes. I actually already have my Amazon wish list ready with a couple of items I can’t wait to get. Nothing major, just this one hair styling tool I saw on YouTube, and (and this seems impossible to get my hands on!) perhaps the Sailor Moon Color Pop collection.
What irrelevant thing were you most excited for when you last experienced a change like moving or going back to school? Let me know – and thank you for reading!
Like what you read? Subscribe for more below, and never miss an update!
Leave a Reply